"WINGS" AT BACK
Place pins where there is too much fabric.
Mark your pins, with a pen, and draw lines on the sample with a ruler. This way is the easiest way to see how much fabric should be removed from the pattern.
1. Work with the back piece.
- Transfer all the lines from the sample to the paper pattern. This is done by measuring on the sample and then marking the lines on the pattern. The new lines are indicated with red, like illustrated below.
- Now cut the red lines.
- Throw the shaded pieces out, the back piece is now divided into 2 pieces ( piece 1 and 2)
2. The two patterns are now taped together to one pattern piece.
· Connect the two pattern pieces, they have to fit at the back dart. This will give an uneven armhole.
· Shape the armhole again, by drawing a curved line.
3. The finished pattern piece.
- Make a grainline and name the pattern.