Sewing instructions NO. 00 DANMARK
Find your size:
on the picture you see a size 40/12/8. Compare your measurement to the size chart on your pattern sheet. The blouse is mixed with the skirt from No. 1 Dragør
You can use any kind of woven fabric for this pattern. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose, though. I have made this in a Cotton.
You will need:
- Fabric 110 cm wide
- Size 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2.6 mtr.
- Fabric 140 cm wide
- Size 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 2.4 mtr.
- Size 34-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2.6 mtr.
- 30 cm interfacing (that works with your fabric)
- Invisible zipper 35 cm (optional you can get the dress over your head without a zipper)
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the
version you’ve chosen.
All extra help ad guides is marked with a purple link, just click!
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Begin by cutting all your pieces according to the cutting layout plan.
2. Press interfacing to all facing pieces.
NB! For the best finish, sew before overlocking.
Sew the facings
3. Sew the facing shoulder seams, right sides together.
4. Sew the arm facings in pair. Sew side seams and shoulder seams right sides together.
5. Press all seams open.
Sew the bodice
6. Sew the darts on the back piece according to the markings on the pattern piece. Press them towards centre-back.
7. Sew the darts on the front piece according to the markings on the pattern piece. Press the waist darts towards centre-back and the bust darts upwards.
NB! Overlock or zigzag the seam allowances of each piece separately.
8. Finish the seam allowances of the neckline facing and arm facing on the long edge.
9. Finish the seam allowances of the back and front side seams and shoulder seams.
10. Sew the front piece to the back pieces in both shoulder seams and side seams.
11. Press all seams open.
12. Place the neckline facing on the neckline, right sides together, and sew along the neckline.
13. Place the left and right arm facing in the armscyes, right sides together, and sew along the armscyes.
14. Understitch all facings to keep them in place.
15. Clip notches to the seam allowances. Turn and press the facing in place.
16. Stitch the facing to the seam allowance.
Sew the skirt
17. Overlock the seam allowances of each piece separately.
18. Sew one side of the skirt right sides together. Press seam open.
19. Fold the pleats on the skirt according to the arrows on the pattern. Stitch the pleats in place within the seam allowance.
Assemble the dress
20. Sew the bodice to the skirt in the waist seams. Press seam upwards.
21. Overlock the waist seam.
NB! Now you have a dress with one side seam open.
22. Sew the zipper to the left side seam. The zipper starts 4 cm from the under arm.
23. Sew the rest of the side seam, both above and under the zipper
24. Overlock the hem.
25. Press the hem 4 cm under. Alternatively, the length you want.
26. Hem the dress. See tips and tricks.