SEWING DIRECTION No.8 Svaneke version 1
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 38/10/6. Determine your size by measuring your chest and waist and compare the measurement to the size chart on your pattern.
Choosing the fabric:
You can use any kind of woven fabric for this pattern. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose, though. This version are not suitable for jersey fabrics.
You will need:
- Fabric 140 cm wide
o Size 34-48 1.25 m
- Fabric 110 cm wide
o 34-48 2 m
- 5 buttons (diameter of 2 cm)
- 30 cm interfacing
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide here.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you’ve chosen.
NB! Also cut interfacing with pattern pieces D & H.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing
2. Press the interfacing to the collar (D) and the front edge (H)
Sew the bodice
3. Sew the darts on the front piece and the back piece. All waist darts must be sewn as a square. See the sketch.
4. Press all darts towards CF and CB.
5. Use your overlocker/serger to finish the seam allowances of the shoulder seams, side seams and sleeve seams.
6. Sew the sleeve seam, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
7. Finish the hem allowance of the sleeves and hem the sleeves with a 2 cm hem.
8. Sew the shoulder seams and the side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
9. Sew the collar pieces together, right sides together. Turn it to the right side and press.
Sew the peplum
10. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
11. Hem the peplum, by folding first 0.5 cm, then another 0.5 cm.
12. Sew the peplum to the bodice, right sides together.
13. Finish the waist seam allowance by overlocking or with bias tape. Press the seam allowances down.
Sew the blouse
14. Sew the front edges to the front pieces: Place right side of the front edge on the wrong side of the blouse. The bottom of the front edge must extend 1 cm past the hem. Stitch the front edge in place.
15. Fold the front edge in half, right sides together. Sew to the notch at the neckline. Cut to the stitching line.
16. Sew the bottom of the front edge, right sides together. Turn the front edge, fold in the seam allowance and press.
17. Sew the front edge in place along the folded edge by edgestitching 0.2 cm from the edge.
19. Also fold the uppercollar seam allowance into the collar. Pin and press.
20. Stitch the collar in place by edgestitching 0.2 cm from the folded edge.
21. Set in the sleeves. Note that the sleeves have a front and back and that the sleeve cap has ease.
22. Finish the seam allowance by overlocking or with bias tape. Press the seam allowances into the sleeves.
23. Sew buttonholes to the right side and buttons to the left side of the blouse. See markings on the pattern for placement.