SEWING DIRECTION No.8 Svaneke version 2
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 38/10/6. Determine your size by measuring your waist and compare the measurement to the size chart on your pattern.
Choosing the fabric:
You can use any kind of woven fabric for this pattern. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose, though. This version are are not suitable for jersey fabrics.
You will need:
- Fabric 140 cm wide (4 gores)
o Size 34-48 1.6 m.
- Fabric 110 cm wide (4 gores)
o Size 34-48 3.2 m.
- Fabric 140 cm wide (6 gores)
o Size 34-48 2.5 m.
- Fabric 110 cm wide (6 gores)
o Size 34-48 5 m.
- 1 invisible zipper 25 cm.
- 20 cm interfacing.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you’ve chosen.
NB! Also cut interfacing with piece J.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing.
2. Press interfacing to the waistband.
3. Finish the seam allowances of the skirt pieces as well as one of the sides of the waistband using zigzag or overlocker.
4. Sew the skirt pieces together, right sides together, so you have one skirt piece. Press the seam allowances open. (for the one with 6 gore see here)
5. Gather the waist of the skirt so that it fits the waistband
6. Sew the waistband to the skirt, right sides together.
7. Sew the zipper to the skirt. The zipper must end at the notch in the waistband.
8. Fold the waistband around the zipper, so that the fabric is right sides together and stitch the fabric to the zipper.
9. Turn the fabric so that the zipper is placed in between the folded waistband.
10. Stitch in the ditch from the right side to close the waistband.
11. Hem the skirt