Sewing direction No.9 Rønne version 1
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 38/10/6. Determine your size by measuring your chest and waist and compare the measurement to the size chart on your pattern.
Choosing the fabric:
You can use any kind of woven fabric for this pattern. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose, though. This version are not suitable for jersey fabrics.
- Fabric 140 cm wide
o Size 34-48 1.3 m
- Fabric 110 cm wide
o Size 34-48 1.8 m
- 3 snaps
- 30 cm interfacing
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide here.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the version you’ve chosen.
NB! Also cut interfacing with pattern pieces D & H. Cut piece E twice.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing.
2. Press the interfacing to the front edge (F).
Sew the bodice
3. Sew the darts on the back piece, right sides together. Press the darts towards CB.
4. Sew the pleats on the front pieces. Stitch until the marking on the pattern. Press the pleats away from each other.
5. Use your overlocker/serger to finish the seam allowances of the shoulder seams and side seams.
6. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
7. Sew the shoulder seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
Sew the peplum
8. Cut one of the peplum pieces in the fold line, so you have two pieces.
9. Finish the peplum side seams (the short sides).
10. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
12. Gather the peplum to fit the bodice hem. Sew the peplum to the bodice, right sides together.
13. Overlock/zig zag the waist seam, all layers at once. You can also finish it with bias tape.
14. Sew the neckline edge CB seam, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
15. Fold the neckline edge, right sides together, and stitch the ends closed. Turn to the right side and press.
16. Place the folded neckline edge on the blouse, right sides together. Stitch it in place all along the edge, the overlock/zigzag all the seam allowances at once or finish them with bias tape.
Sew the sleeves
18. Gather both sleeves so that they fit the distance between the two notches in the armscye. Set in the sleeves.
19. Use bias tape to finish the armcyes seam allowance neatly.
20. Sew snaps to the front edge.