NO. 3 KASTRUP VERSION 1
This blouse is a light shaped blouse with a small raglan sleeve. It has a slit opening in the back and is closed with a button. This pattern is designed by Dorte from bybak.dk
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 40/12/8. Determine your size by measuring your chest and compare the measurement to the chart on your pattern. Or here
This model is made of a cotton/viscose, but any type of light fabric can be used.
You will need:
- Fabric width 140 cm.
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,1 mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-161,3 mtr.
- Fabric width 110 cm.
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,75 mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2 mtr.
- 1 button.
- Fusing 20 cm.
To get the best result, I recommend you always sew a sample, before cutting in the desired fabric. Look for the adjustments guide here.
The pattern pieces are labeled with capital letters (A, B, C etc.) These letters are referred to in the cutting diagram below; to enable you to see which pattern pieces you will need for the version you are making.
NOTE! Pattern piece B,F, & G is also cut in fusing.
NOTE! Pattern piece D & E is cut x 4.
NOTE! All pattern parts are incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam allowance, unless anything else is noted. If more seam allowance is desired you can do so by adding.
1. Cut out all the pieces, both fabric and fusing.
2. Press fusing on pieces B, F & G.
3. Overlock/zig zag all facings.
4. Sew side pieces together with CF pieces, right side of fabric facing each other. Pin the pieces according to the notches indicated on the pattern.
5. Overlock/zig zag the seams, all layers together.
6. Overlock/zig zag side seams and CB seam, separately.
7. Sew CB seam together up to the notch, right side facing each other. Press the seam open.
8. Sew front neck facing and front piece together right side facing each other.
9. Sew back neck facing and back piece together right side facing each other.
10. Flip the facing over, and make a topstitch, on facing to keep seam allowance in place; See video
11. Sew back facing and back piece in CB seam, right side facing each other. Turn and pres.
12. Sew the slit opening at CB. Fold 0,5 cm x 0,5 cm and stitch. The easiest way is to press lightly and use a few pins to keep in place.
13. Sew the sleeve parts together in the shoulder seam, right side facing each other. Now there are four arms in total.
14. Sew the sleeve parts together in the bottom line, two by two, right side facing each other, and make a topstitch on one sleeve part to keep seam allowance in place; See video
15. Sew the sleeve parts together at the neckline, right side facing each other and make a top stitch on the inside of the sleeve see video.
16. Cut notches in seam allowance.
NOTE! Now you have two doubled layered sleeves.
17. Sew in the sleeve, by placing the sleeve at the neckline, right side facing each other. Fold the facing over the sleeve and sew. Do this both at front and back sleeve.
18. Sew the side seam together right side facing each other and press the seam open.
19. Overlock/zig zag body/armhole seam together all around.
20. Sew the sleeve facing on to the body right side facing each other.
21. Flip the facing over, and make a topstitch on facing to keep seam allowance in place and cut notches in seam allowance.
22. Attach the facing in the seam allowance under the arm and the neck facing back, by hand.
23. Overlock/zig zag the bottom and hem with 2 cm.
24. Sew in a small button for closing, and make a hand knitted loop.