NO. 3 KASTRUP VERSION 2
This blouse is a light shaped blouse with a small raglan sleeve. This version has width on the back and a yoke on the back. This pattern is designed by Dorte from bybak.dk
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 40/12/8. Determine your size by measuring your chest and compare the measurement to the chart on your pattern. Or here
This model is made of a cotton/wool, but any type of light fabric can be used.
You will need:
- Fabric width 140 cm.
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,3 mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1,5 mtr.
- Fabric width 110 cm.
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,8 mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2 mtr.
- 1 button.
- Fusing 20 cm.
To get the best result, I recommend you always sew a sample, before cutting in the desired fabric. Look for the adjustments guide here.
The pattern pieces are labeled with capital letters (A, B, C etc.) These letters are referred to in the cutting diagram below; to enable you to see which pattern pieces you will need for the version you are making.
NOTE! Pattern piece B,F, & G is also cut in fusing.
NOTE! Pattern piece D & E is cut x 4.
NOTE! All pattern parts are incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam allowance, unless anything else is noted. If more seam allowance is desired you can do so by adding.
1. Cut out all the pieces, both fabric and fusing.
2. Press fusing on pieces B, F & G.
3. Overlock/zig zag all facings.
4. Sew side pieces together with CF pieces, right side of fabric facing each other. Pin the pieces according to the notches indicated on the pattern.
5. Overlock/zig zag the seams, all layers together.
6. Overlock/zig zag the bottom of the front piece
7. Overlock/zig zag side seams separately.
8. Sew front neck facing and front piece together right side facing each other.
9. Flip the facing over, and make a topstitch on facing to keep seam allowance in place. Cut notches in seam allowance. See video.
10. Hem backpiece, by folding 1 cm x 1 cm, and stich along the edge.
11. Place the yoke back pieces on top of each other, right side together. Sew the neckline and CB together. Turn and press.
12. Sew the yoke parts on the back piece, right side facing each other.
13. Overlock/zig-zag the seam through al layers and press the seam down.
14. Sew the sleeve parts together in the shoulder seam, right side facing each other. Now there are four arms in total.
15. Sew the sleeve parts together in the bottom line, two by two, right side facing each other, and make a topstitch on one sleeve part to keep seam allowance in place; See video
16. Sew the sleeve parts together at the neckline, right side facing each other and make a top stitch on the inside of the sleeve see video.
17. Cut notches in seam allowance.
NOTE! Now you have two doubled layered sleeves.
18. Sew in the sleeve, by placing the sleeve at the neckline, right side facing each other. Fold the facing over the sleeve and sew. Do this only at front.
19. Sew back sleeve and back piece together, right side facing each other.
20. Sew the side seam together and press the seam open. NOTE! The back piece is 2 cm shorter than the
21. Hem the blouse at front, fold up with 2 cm. fold hem around the back piece and stitch in seam allowance.
22. Overlock/zig zag body/armhole seam together all around.
23. Sew the sleeve facing on to the body right side facing each other.
24. Flip the facing over, and make a topstitch on facing to keep seam allowance in place and cut notches in seam allowance; See video
25. Attach the facing in the seam allowance under the arm and the neck facing back, by hand.
26. Overlock/zig zag the front bottom, and hem with 2 cm.
27. Sew in a small button on back for closing, and make a hand knitted loop.