Sewing direction No. 5 Århus Version 2
The early 40s inspire this dress. The high neckline, gives the blouse the illusion of having a small collar. The blouse has a pretty tulip sleeve.The early 40s inspire this blouse. The high neckline, gives the blouse the illusion of having a small collar. The blouse has a pretty tulip shaped sleeve.
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 40/12/8. Determine your size by measuring your waist and chest and compare the measurement to the chart on your pattern.
To get the best result, this model is best made in a semi light viscose, silk or polyester.
You will need:
- width 130/140 cm
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,4 mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1,7 mtr.
- width 110 cm
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 2,2 mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2,75 mtr.
- width 130/140 cm
- 1 zipper 25 cm.
- Small piece of fusing
To get the best result, I recommend you always sew a sample, before cutting in the desired fabric. For this version you can settle with sewing a sample of the top part. Look for the adjustments guide in the online sewing directions.
The pattern pieces are labeled with capital letters (A, B, C etc.)These letters referred to in the cutting diagram below; to enable you to see which pattern pieces you need for the version you are making
NOTE! All pattern parts are incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam allowance, unless anything else is noted. If more seam allowance is desired you can do so by adding.
1. Cut all the pieces.
2. Cut 2 pieces of fusing 3 by 30 cm.
3. Press fusing on the left side seam at the top, on the wrong side of the fabric, on both front and back part. This is done to make it easier when sewing the zipper.
4. Overlock/zig zag the sides of the bottom piece.
5. Overlock/zig zag CF and side seam of the top.
Sew the bottom part of the top:
6. Sew one side together in the bottom part.
Sew the top:
7. Sew the darts on the back, right side of fabric facing each other.
8. Sew the neck seam together, right side facing each other.
9. Sew neckline, by placing front and back piece in the neck, right side facing each other. See video
10. Make a small cut in the front piece corner, NOT back piece, now turn the fabric, and sew the shoulder
11. Sew the shoulder seams, right side facing each other.
12. Fold a pleat on left and right front piece. Fold the direction the arrow is pointing, the pleats are facing down.
13. Place the two folded front pieces on top of each other, right side facing each other. Pin them together, be very precise so the pleats fit on top of each other.
14. Sew the CF line together from the bottom and up to where the pleats stop.
15. Overlock/zig zag neck/shoulder seam, through all layers.
16. Hand stitch the collar to the neckline, by folding the collar in to the top. Note! Only stitch in the neckline.
17. Sew the bottom and top part together. Let it be open in the left side seam.
18. Overlock/zig zag wasteline togheter, through all layers.
23. Sew in the sleeves, by pinning the sleeves into the armhole. Start at the shoulder point back and then sew all the way around. The front sleeve has to overlap the back sleeve.
24. Overlock/zig zag the sleeves