SEWING DIRECTIONS NO. 7 VANLØSE VERSION 1
This blouse is inspired by the 1930´s feminine soft look. The blouse has a little draping neckline and the long shoulder seam which covers the top of your arm.
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 40/12/8. Determine your size by measuring your chest and waist and compare the measurement to the chart on your pattern.
This version is made from a woolen fabric. Similar kinds of fabric like wool/viscose, silk and soft cotton can also be used, as long it is a woven fabric.
- width 110 cm
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,6 Mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2 Mtr.
- width 140 cm
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1,5 Mtr.
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,3 Mtr.
- width 110 cm
- 1 button
To get the best result, I recommend you always sew a sample, before cutting in the desired fabric. Look for the adjustments guide in the online sewing directions.
The pattern pieces are labeled with capital letters (A, B, C etc.) These letters are referred to in the cutting diagram below; to enable you to see which pattern pieces you will need for the version you are making.
NOTE! Pattern piece A is cut on bias.
Pattern piece E is also cut in fusing.
NOTE! All pattern parts are incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam allowance, unless anything else is noted. If more seam allowance is desired you can do so by adding.
1. Cut out all the pieces.
2. Press fusing on neck facing
3. Sew waistline together on front, the right side of fabric facing each other.
4. Sew waistline together on back, the right side of fabric facing each other.
5. Overlock/zig-zag waistline front and back, and then all other raw edes
6. Fold all pleats on front, the right side of fabric facing each other. Sew down until the mark.
7. Sew neck facing and back piece together in neck line, right side facing each other.
8. Flip the facing over, and make a topstitch, on facing to keep seam allowance in place; See video.
9. Press seam allowance in waist up. Sew together back seam, right side facing each other, stop at notch.
10. On the front, fold the neckline down, do not press.
11. Sew shoulder seam, right side facing each other. Fold the neck facing around the shoulder seam and sew on to the shoulder seam.
12. Sew the side seam, right side facing each other, stop at notch.
13. Hem the blouse (2 cm seam allowance is added on the pattern)
14. Sew neck facing and CB together, right side facing each other, and turn.
15. Hem sleeves and back slit (1 cm seam allowance is added on the pattern)
16. Sew in a small button for closing, and make a hand knitted loop. See guides.